Saturday 26 July 2014

J2SE 5.0 - Sample code snippet for getting started with new features

If you are new to Java, please refer my New to Java - Getting Started Guide post.

I know Java 8 is already released with remarkable functional programming and many more new features and enhancements. But sometimes I meet candidates claiming Java experience while taking interviews, but not having even fundamental knowledge of J2SE 5.0 (Java 1.5) features! So I thought to collate my Java 1.5 knowledge upgrade notes along with sample code snippet and publish this post for public reference.

You can get sample code snippet of Java 1.5 features from my Learning-Java Repository on Github @ https://github.com/tirthalpatel/Learning-Java/tree/master/Java5 --- Here you would find sample code along with easy to understand comments to learn new language features released in Java 1.5, and I shall add more code of library enhancements in future.

Executive view of major features introduced in JDK 5.0 --- For more detail, please refer Oracle documentation of New Features and Enhancements in J2SE 5.0.


(Right click the image - Open in New Window - Zoom it)

Please note: Purposefully I have referred different terminologies here like J2SE 1.5 / JDK 5.0 / Java 5. To know the exact naming of different Java releases, please refer my New to Java - Getting Started Guide post.

No comments:

Post a Comment